MEFA Pathway is Ready for the 2018-19 School Year!
MEFA Pathway is gearing up for a great school year! If you haven’t yet heard about MEFA Pathway, it’s an online web portal that provides a fun and engaging environment for MA students in grades 6-12 to plan for academic and career success. Offered free of cost by MEFA, MEFA Pathway plays a key role in the Commonwealth’s efforts toward college and career readiness by increasing access to information about higher education and career opportunities.
MEFA Pathway is interactive, colorful, and intuitive with clear instructions that lead students to develop a path through grades 6-12 and beyond. The tool continues to be data-driven, which allows for powerful reporting capabilities for educators and administration, is available for use on desktops and tablets, and is optimized for mobile readability.
MEFA Pathway offers several benefits and features including:
- Engaging assessments to help students discover their interests, skills, and values
- Information on a wide range of careers, and the ability for students to match personal skills with specific jobs
- A sophisticated college search tool, allowing students to compare the attributes of each school against one another
- A college application manager, helping students to stay organized and on top of deadlines
- Calculators to assist families as they prepare for college costs
- A scholarship search engine and organizational tool to keep students on track with each scholarship’s deadline and status
- A customized resume builder to record career objectives, academics and activities, and work experience
- A digital portfolio to provide students a visual library of their personalized plan for the future
Stay tuned for upcoming features and enhancements to MEFA Pathway to make the student experience even more engaging and effective. Look for an update on this blog about our middle school portal, which will include fun and exploratory activities appropriate for students in grades 6-8. We’ll also offer a printable calendar for counselors outlining suggested monthly activities along with lesson plans to help counselors guide students through their MEFA Pathway journey.
Watch our How it Works video to get a quick overview of MEFA Pathway. Families and students can also visit MEFA’s events page to find upcoming webinars that highlight MEFA Pathway’s many features. And School Counselors can sign up for webinars and onsite trainings on the MEFA Pathway Counselors page to learn how to help your school become familiar with MEFA Pathway and implement it into your curriculum.
Ready to get started? Just visit mefapathway.org and identify yourself as a student, counselor, or parent. Questions? Reach out to Jennifer Bento-Pinyoun, MEFA Pathway’s Program Manager, at email@example.com to find out more about how you can get started using MEFA Pathway.